Saryu Valley: Hiking & Eco-Tourism Special 3N/4D & 2N/3D
- The gorgeous Saryu Valley
- Hiking in the Saryu Valley
- Farming and Fruit Picking in the village
- Learn the craft of Bamboo Weaving
- Interact with the local communities
- Relish the simple local cuisine
- Camp in the open grasslands of Jaikhuni Bughyal
- Interact with the people in these mountain communities
- Appreciate slow life
The days spent at Saryu were restorative to say the least. Long hikes through beautiful forests of rhododendron, oak and lyonia were blissful. The village community was warm and welcoming. It was wonderful to lend a hand in the fields. The Saryu village has an exceptional literacy rate and most of the villagers are very aware of the world. We exchanged stories and enjoyed the delicious local food. The peace was overwhelming.
About Saryu Valley
Located in the mountains of Uttarakhand, the Saryu Valley boasts of immaculate beauty. Self-contained and dynamic villages dot the charming forests of rhododendron and oak, beyond which rises indomitable snow-peaks of the Himalayas. Vast alpine grasslands mark the valley. The village of Saryu is located on gentle slopes in the upper parts of the valley, high above the Saryu River. Farming in the main source of livelihood. Orchards of pear, peaches, walnut, sweet lemons and apples abound. Herds of buffaloes and sheep can be spotted on the grassy pastures.