Assam Wildlife Tour: Manas, Nameri & Kaziranga National Parks
- Assam's famed National Parks: Manas, Nameri & Kaziranga
- Trekking through moist deciduous forests in Nameri
- Spotting the endangered Asian Rhinoceros at Kaziranga National Park
- Rafting on the Jia Bhorali River
- Bird Watching in the jungles of Assam
- Jeep safaris and Elephant Safaris in Manas & Kaziranga
- Understand the ecology of Assam's tropical evergreen and deciduous forests
The anticipation of spotting wild animals in their natural habitats fills us with an undefinable sense of awe and in the national parks of Assam, we had some of our best moments. From trekking through the moist undergrowth in Nameri National Park to experiencing the world from the back of an elephant to rafting in the unbridled waters of the Jia Bhorali, we had the experience of a lifetime. Well informed guides and wildlife enthusiasts who not only helped us spot rare birds like the long-billed Plover but also shared with us cultural anecdotes of the region heightened the experience.
About Assam Wildlife Tour
As the densely wooded Himalayan foothills slip into the wide plains of the Brahmaputra, it creates unique pockets of rich floral and faunal diversity. Assam's trio of national parks: Manas, Nameri and Kaziranga is testament to this observation. The landscape is hemmed by rich alluvial slopes carpeted by tea plantations, in the quiet shadows of which lurk leopards and elephants. Tropical evergreen and moist deciduous forests give way to humongous elephant grasses. Ferocious tigers, gibbons, wild boars, swamp deers and numerous other species live alongside the famed one-horned Rhinoceros. Countless tributaries and distributaries of the mighty Brahmaputra create marshy lands that function as breeding grounds for rare and endangered birds.