City Walk, Delhi: Eclectic Experience of Eclectic Hauz Khas Village on Foot
Nearest Metro Station: Green Park/Hauz Khas (Yellow Line)
Walk Duration: Approx 4 hrs
- Explore the quaint and contemporary paradox - Hauz Khas
- Coffee & Cookies at Kunzum Travel Cafe
- Peek into curiosity shops and art galleries
- Gawk at the wonderful street art
- Stroll through the ruins of Madrasa-e-Feroz Shahi, an educational institution built by Firoz Shah Tughlaq
Peer into art galleries and boutiques as you walk through one of Delhi's "quirkiest" neighbourhoods. Take a step back in history as you walk in the shadows of the medieval Hauz Khas. The orange glow of the setting sun adds an ethereal dimension to this place.
About - Hauz Khas Village
Located in South Delhi, Hauz Khas is a part of Siri, the second medieval city of India of the Delhi Sultanate of Allaudin Khilji Dynasty and houses a water tank, an Islamic seminary, a mosque, a tomb and pavilions built around an urbanized village with medieval history dating back to the 13th century of Delhi Sultanate reign. Today, the Hauz Khas Village is part of a posh locality peppered with art galleries, upscale boutiques and restaurants. Here the contemporary blends with the ancient; the flavor is as experimental and eclectic as it is quaint and charming.