Rupin Pass Trek: Uttarakhand-Himachal Pradesh
Fixed Departure Treks
Preferred Season: June-Oct
- Nature and culture as you journey from Garhwal to Himachal Pradesh over Rupin Pass
- High altitude environment upto 4540 meters
- Meadows, snow-capped mountain views, valleys, glaciers and more
- Trek through stark and beautiful high altitude landscapes, alpine forests and meadows
- Camp at remote Himalayan Villages, engaging friendly locals in conversation
- Experience high altitude trekking over snow covered Himalayan Passes
- Learn camping,trekking and mountaineering skills from your Rock-star guides
- Appreciate how life still goes on without technology in some remote corners of the world
The trek is full of surprises - we were amazed with its changing ambience/views. Be it with the puzzles poised by watching Jhaka from afar (hanging on the mountains chest) or the burst of colors in the meadows and forests. Or wait -- the snow fields and blessed whiteness towards Rupin that overwhelms you. It's surprise and amazement with every little step.
About Rupin Pass Trek
The Rupin Pass Trek (4540 m) is a high-altitude trek from Uttarakhand to Himachal Pradesh. It is a remote and beautiful trekking trail that begins at Uttarakhand (Dhaula) and runs through Himachal Pradesh (Sangla), over Rupin Pass, following the Rupin River. The trek gives us glimpses of several villages, shepherd camps in the Rupin River Valley. We witness the Garhwali and the Kinnauri culture - a trek that gives us the best of both worlds.The landscapes greet us with glaciers, waterfalls, snow-capped mountains, pine/oak/rhododendron forests and loads of scenic revelations. Though the snow conditions over the pass may at times pose quite a challenge - the trek has something for all and can be enjoyed by both experienced trekkers and beginners.