Uttara Kannada, Karnataka: Spice Garden and Village Stay
Package Highlights - Uttara Kannada Spice Village Getaway
- Walk through spice gardens; learn how myriad spices from cardamom to cinnamon are grown and harvested
- Visit traditional Kannadese homes and families and the warmth of tribal communities
- Enjoy traditional Kanadese cuisine from the rich organic fields around you
- Enjoy a day of sightseeing in Uttara Kannada from waterfalls to anient caves
- Walk to Sahastra-Linga (a rapid of a thousand Shivlings) and to ancient abandoned temples
We loved the rustic peaceful stay in Hulgol and the delicious Kannadese food we had here. The spice garden walk is a real eye-opener and it is fascinating to see how the spices we eat everyday are grown. The real pleasure of the holiday comes from your simple, warm and friendly hosts who welcome you into their lives and into their hearts.
About - Uttara Kannada Spice Village Getaway
This holiday takes us to Hulgol, a tribal village near Uttara Kannada, Karnataka. Located in the middle of the Western Ghats, Uttara Kannada strikes smiles with its lush foliage, perennial rivers, spice plantations, rich birdlife, warm people and simple lives that one never quite witnesses in cities. The routes for village walks and forest trails are unending possibilities (and secrets known by the natives) – and one can explore the flavors region this region much closer than any telescopic view would allow.
A community tourism initiative, this peaceful holiday plan for Uttara Kannada (7 hours from Bangalore) brings you closer to a beautiful spice village and its surroundings. The guest house is operated by the well trained villagers and the proceeds from your holiday are used for the benefit of the village community.